Well last day of nursery and it all went wrong .
Ever have a picture in your head about how things will go? . I do and it never goes the way I hoped. Gary , my husband, says I am idealistic. I like to think I am positive with a bit of magic lol. It started with a tantrum because ……. she woke up . Thats my conclusion anyway as not one thing happened before that and my eyes hadnt even opened yet.
she then wouldnt get dressed with out a lot of “get dressed now before we are late” shouted at her . I was tired before even getting to nursery .
She went in fine but complained about the hat I made as it didnt fit and she didnt like it and she didnt want to wear it . SIGHHHHH
The parents were to go back at 10:30 for a little tea party and when I went in she come running up all smiles . I gave her a bit hug and she then said I WANT CHOCOLATE ( the chocolate we made) but I didnt know where anything was as its not MY nursery ha ha . That resulted in tears and the teachers asking “whats wrong April” it ends up the chocolates were out in the kid room and she was free to get them but ‘couldnt’ with out me . So there I am feeling very uncomfortable wandering around the nursery with the shy crying child (let it be known she is not shy any other time at nursery or at home) She then ‘demands ‘ crisps which I said no and was starting to get annoyed with the spoilt child in the room, and annoyed it was my child .
She didnt take part in the first half of the games they did and instead just cried. I now wished I hadnt bothered.
Second half she did take part and I felt like a breakthrough . The end came and we left with april crying bcause she couldnt find the hat she made. You know the one she hated and wouldnt wear.
I wanted to start a tradition that at the end of every school year she got a balloon but now I was stuck between the tradition not getting started and spoiling an already spoilt child . We picked up daddy and I ranted to him about my day and then got to the balloon shop for a successful balloon purchase.
Its now half 7 and April is in bed, the balloon is burst and in the bin (child stamped on it) and mummy is opening some wine. Dont judge . Tomorrow is a new day . Thankfully
Here are some of the better pictures….hiding the bad parts of the day (pictures are good at that )
I cannot believe tomorrow is your last day at nursery for the summer. It has been great seeing you change when at nursery and also weird knowing you have a little life outside mummy and daddys world, and its just yours. However its all part of growing up and I am so very proud of you and the way you have excepted the challenge.
You only started January due to your age, but the six months have seen you grow with confidence and courage. You go with such confidence and you have made friends of your very own.
Its all new to me and your dad and we are trying to go with the flow with what happens and whats expected and try to show an interest and be part of each step when we can (allowed lol , the control freak momma has to have a step back )
Our first summer break and we will have lots of fun adventures I promise ( we couldnt stay in with your energy ) The entire week I have thought about you leaving for holiday and had to keep reminding myself that you are the one off for 6 weeks not mommy lol. I wish it was me.
This week I have managed to be on top form with organising . I have done sweets for the teachers , wrote a letter to your little friends mum about meeting up over the holidays (sadly she hasnt text me but at least I can say I tried) and sorted your Mad Hatter hat for your party tomorrow
Today I rushed home (after a very long day ) and we made chocolate shapes for you party tomorrow too . It wasnt too easy with you as my assistant this time around and there wasnt much concentration being had with the mad singing you were doing lol but we did it in the end .
I have your blackboard ready for tomorrow and I am loving that I can be part of your life and make the events as special as I can .
Wishing you the best last day my gorgeous girl and a fun summer break with mama and dada .
Love you to the moon and back . xx
We are heading to DisneyLand in Paris. Woohoo. I cannot wait. April is just three and although not sure of all that it is about she knows she gets to meet all the princesses and give them a cuddle.
I like lists and I like a bit of control. I like to think I have everything I need when I go or at least feel I have thought of most things. Think all mums are the same so I thought I would give a quick look at my list of things to take. This is tailored to our Disney holiday but it still gives some ideas of things you might forget on your list
My Disney visit toddler list
- Pull ups/bed pants – April is out of nappies but thought she may be extra tired and didn’t need any issues with an accident so this was easy
- Wet wipes – For a million reasons lol
- Favourite teddy – Something to remind them of home and security , especially if first trip away .
- Musical light – April uses a musical toy at bedtime so we took that with her so her routine, even if later , was similar
- Dress up clothes – believe me cheaper than Disney
- Sweets / chocolate – Disney is expensive and food can be different so take things you know your kids like and will eat for snacks . Definitely helped
- Empty juice container – easy to pour juice and water into and no spills
- Zippy bags – helps put sweets into or unfinished food for later. You know toddlers
- Nappy cream – I find April can get rashes quick so this is something to have handy
- Calpol/Medicine – obvious reasons. don’t want to be stuck with out
- Thermometer – I like to know what I am dealing with if ill
- Clothes – I am sure you know what clothes to pack lol
- Separate tights and socks (cold and hot) – I took both tights and socks. That way could easily make an outfit for sunshine or wet weather
- 2 full days of extra clothes – I took two full day’s worth of clothes extra. that way felt covered for accidents or very different weather or even a fussy toddler
- Blanket- Cosy cover if really cold or asleep in pushchair
- Pushchair- there is too much walking for them. Must have a pushchair. You can hire them but definitely think about this
- Backpack with colouring pens and toys for plane
- Sun cream – hopefully sunny days
- Surprise toys for when bored – I kept small cheap toys for when April got bored and pulled them out . Got us some time and worth doing. Queues can be long so distraction works great
- Shoes – at least two pairs so they are different on feet and not rub with all the walking
- Change of clothes for mummy bag – another good idea in case accidents or maybe get cold.
- Hoodie and light rain jacket – I felt this was enough to either double up or make lighter. Plus if really cold you have a blanket too
- Facecloth – never seem to get a facecloth at hotels and worth taking for those cute messy faces.
- Plasters for bobos
- Hair bobbles and clips
- A new toothbrush and toothpaste
I think that’s it. Oh wait ……. Have Fun Fun Fun
We are very blessed to have a lot of sun at the moment. I love it. April and I are getting out and about a whole lot more. Parks and walks and mini adventure.
I always feel like we, as parents, spend so much time and money trying to entertain our little munchkins on rainy days. Toys, days out to soft play, dinners , cinema. The list is endless . Unlike our bank accounts. Sunny days are great for just getting out to parks and the beach and having fun without it costing much at all. Maybe just an icecream. Long may it last . xx
When I grew up we loved going to the fair or the shows as we would call it. So much fun and always felt massive.
Now I am taking my own little girl to the same one that visits every summer. In fact I think some are the same rides I went on HAHA
You can never be sad at the fair. Just look at how happy April is. Have you seen a bigger smile.
On another note. How expensive is it ?! I am lucky I only need to pay for one child. If you had 4/5 children that’s an expensive day out. However it’s something you have to do as a child . Always fun. Xx
April is only in nursery and she has been singing Old Macdonald all week. When the weekend came and it was super sunny I thought it would be great to take her to a farm and see some of the animals. We don’t have many around but we have a very cute one not too far and it has a lovely shop too.
She was so excited to go and sang the nursery rhyme all the way . Too cute.
We looked round lots and she sang to each animal their part of the song . This age is very cute. We will def be back to this farm …… take a picnic next time I think xx
It was Garys birthday a few weeks ago but he has been mega mega busy and been out of town so it has taken us until now to celebrate it.
His parents are great and always like to make an effort for family. I love that. So invited us to their house to have food and cake .
We live in the UK and its not always the warmest. So when the sun visits we like to make the most of it. We got our garden done last year and got fake grass down . Super easy maintenance. Means its ready when ever the big shiny yellow thing is in the sky .
Its nice to just be having fun in the garden and getting lots of fresh air. Its only May so I am aware that its not scorching hot. Hopefully its the start of it all though.
Fun fun fun .